Treatment Policy Goal Agreement - Pain Management
- a principal goal of this practice is to promote health and well-being and to manage your pain without the use of long-term opiate pain medications. These medications are widely abused, have significant side effects, and may be expensive.
- At Health Centered Spine and Wellness we offer multiple disciplines to manage pain that may prevent the use of these medications. Therapeutic options include massage, joint and trigger point injections, chiropractic manipulation, and matrix therapy with physical therapy
- Vitamin supplementation, compounded pain creams, and patches are utilized as well as cutting-edge neuro-stimulation therapy.
- Smoking makes pain worse, both through the direct action of nicotine on nerves, and by worsening the degenerative conditions (such as arthritis) that are the cause of much pain.
- Our goal us for you to be an active participate in your health and well-being and that opiates are used modestly when necessary so that you can achieve your highest level of functioning.
- Alternative therapeutic options for management of pain must be utilized for pain management and your compliance with ordered therapies
- it is imperative that you maintain a working telephone number, including having a voicemail. Failure to maintain this will result in termination.
- In keeping with your treatment agreement, missing more than 3 appointments, whether is is for therapy, referred services or office visit may result i termination from this practice.
- By signing the Treatment Policy Goal you acknowledge that you have read and understand this policy. If you fail to follow it, your narcotic pain medication may be withdrawn and you may be discharged from the practice.